Why do many companies go into ICU mode after a bad quarter?
Doctor’s diagnosis: Disengaged employees, slow poison!
- Productivity: 68% employees are actively disengaged who do not utilise their potential and exhibit suboptimal passion at work.
- Brand: Leaders do not engage with employees which adversely impacts the company’s employment brand, quality of skills and ideation.
- Negativity: Actively disengaged employees are less proud of company’s products/services and spread undesirable effect on co-workers.
3 medicines prescribed to get the company back on track
- Leverage Technology: Per Harvard Business Review, leaders know employee engagement is essential for innovation, survival and business growth. But it is important to leverage the ‘right’ technology platform.
- Senior Management Commitment: Any platform is as good as how it is driven from the top. No technology platform in the world can yield desired results unless management explicitly commits to fostering a ‘Culture of Innovation’ and ‘Employee Engagement’.
- Seed Accountability: Have upto 3 member team with a leader that ensures
(a) adoption of technology,
(b) initiation of campaigns to generate innovation for business growth and
(c) timely responses by owners for ideas/issues generated by employees.
Just before leaving the hospital, doctor’s quote:
“Most people seek medical attention only when their problem reaches 70% aggravation level. Do not wait for the problem to surface, take proactive measures for growth.”
Companies are no different.
75% of leaders now realise that not engaging employees hampers innovation and business growth adversely.
Bottomline: More engagement, better growth.